Perhaps every owner of indoor plants at least once noticed that green pets dry up and change the color of the tips of the leaves. This can signal a variety of problems that certainly require attention. As a rule, a small adjustment in the care of a plant is sufficient to solve this problem. Let's find out the most frequent causes and fix the problem in the bud.
The most common causes that can cause the tips of the leaves to dry:
- not enough high humidity and high temperature in the room (especially in winter, in apartments with central heating);
- watering that is not comfortable for the plant is too intense or, on the contrary, insufficient;
- cramped pot (filling the whole earthen coma with roots);
- watering with poor-quality tap water (too hard, not settled; in this case, dry tips - burns from salt);
- improper feeding (lack or excess);
- direct sunlight on plants that prefer shade / partial shade;
- pests, depressed plant condition.
To understand exactly what the reason led to the drying of the tips of your particular plant, analyze each one. It's pretty simple to do this:
- Note how often (and how) you feed the plant.
- Analyze what mode of watering your plant. Not all plants need frequent watering.
- Inspect the plant for pests. At detection apply all necessary measures (watering, probably, chemistry).
- Water the plant only with distilled, boiled water. However, the best option - rain, thawed or distilled.
- Inspect the pot and drain holes. If there seemed to be roots, it's time to transplant the plant.
- Read about caring for your plant. Find out if he prefers a shadow or a sunny side.
Start with watering quality water: noticeable changes will be in a couple of days. Then, begin to spray the plant if the air in the room is too dry. However, if the cause is overflow, it is not necessary to increase the humidity in the room. You should wait for the soil to dry completely. To eliminate the problem of root decay and overflow, you can transplant the plant into a new pot, and put moss / expanded clay / wet pebbles on the bottom.
Remember that every plant, especially exotic, needs individual care. Read all available care information specifically for your plant.